We know that flight training is hard and expensive! Founder Dan Weecks created DW Aviation, LLC after his having gone through flight training himself. This company was founded on the principle that flight training and knowledge should be accessible to everyone, regardless of upbringing, education level, or other circumstances. Dan modeled DWA’s boutique flight training services after gaps he noticed in his own flight training experiences with instruction provided, professionalism, and transparency. His mission now is to offer a full range of competitively priced à la carte flight training services to pilots who own their own aircraft, while still maintaining the highest standards of safety and professionalism. In fact, Dan is so committed to helping students learn about aviation that DW Aviation, LLC offers a FREE library of resources available to anyone interested in aviation. These resources can be found on the “Resources” page.
The DWA Difference
Flight or Ground Instruction
*Client must provide his/her own aircraft.
Instruction available anywhere in the United States in a variety of aircraft, however travel and additional fees may apply if outside the Phoenix, AZ area.
BFR or IPC
Flight reviews will feel similar to a checkride because we believe in dedicating as much time to you as necessary to ensure you're a safe, educated, and proficient pilot. Ground/flight instruction will be billed in hourly increments. Instruction is available anywhere in the United States, however travel and additional fees may apply if outside the Phoenix, AZ area.
Other à la carte Services include:
**Please note, Client must provide his/her aircraft for all services**
- Private Pilot Training (from never having been in a cockpit to becoming an FAA certified Private Pilot)
- Instrument Rating Training (add-on rating to fly IFR)
- IPC (Instrument Proficiency Check)
- Commercial Pilot Training (Ground & Flight Training)
- CFI Training (ground school, FOI and flight training, and spin recovery training)
- CFI-I add-on or Initial Training
- Glass Panel/TAA Training
- Advanced Safety Scenario Training
- Dirt or Unimproved Surface landing training
- Safety Workshops to groups or individuals
- Flight Reviews
- Drones (sUAS Ground and Flight Training)
- Public Speaking about aviation and becoming a pilot
- Video Conference Remote Ground School Training
- High Performance Endorsement (ASEL)
- Complex Endorsement (ASEL)
- High Altitude Endorsement (aircraft must be provided)
DW Aviation, LLC has the ability to travel and provide instruction anywhere within the United States. Most of our flights however take place within the Phoenix metro area. The airport and aircraft will be selected at the time of booking, based on availability, condition, and your location. For special travel requests or considerations, please contact us.