We know that flight training is hard and expensive! Founder Dan Weecks created DW Aviation, LLC after his having gone through flight training himself. This company was founded on the principle that flight training and knowledge should be accessible to everyone, regardless of upbringing, education level, or other circumstances. Dan modeled DWA’s boutique flight training services after gaps he noticed in his own flight training experiences with instruction provided, professionalism, and transparency. His mission with DWA was to offer a full range of competitively priced à la carte flight training services to pilots who own their own aircraft, while still maintaining the highest standards of safety and professionalism. In fact, Dan is so committed to helping students learn about aviation that DW Aviation, LLC offers a FREE library of resources available to anyone interested in aviation. These resources can be found on the “Resources” page.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, DWA changed its model to being an online education provider, offering online remote ground school and no flight instruction.
The DWA Difference
Previous à la carte Services included:
**Please note, ONLY online remote ground school is available until further notice. If this changes in the future, Client will have to provide his/her aircraft and full insurances covering Dan Weecks and DW Aviation, LLC for any flight services**
- Private Pilot Training (from never having been in a cockpit to becoming an FAA certified Private Pilot)
- Instrument Rating Training (add-on rating to fly IFR)
- IPC (Instrument Proficiency Check)
- Commercial Pilot Training (Ground & Flight Training)
- CFI Training (ground school, FOI and flight training, and spin recovery training)
- CFI-I add-on or Initial Training
- Glass Panel/TAA Training
- Advanced Safety Scenario Training
- Dirt or Unimproved Surface landing training
- Safety Workshops to groups or individuals
- Flight Reviews
- Drones (sUAS Ground and Flight Training)
- Public Speaking about aviation and becoming a pilot
- Video Conference Remote Ground School Training
- High Performance Endorsement (ASEL)
- Complex Endorsement (ASEL)
- High Altitude Endorsement (aircraft must be provided)
DW Aviation, LLC has the ability to travel and provide instruction anywhere within the United States. Most of our flights however used to take place within the Phoenix metro area. For special travel requests or considerations like public appearances, please contact us.